What does it mean to transfer your house to a trust?

Well, if you’ve set up a revocable trust, you need to transfer certain of your property to the trust and especially your house. To transfer your house to the trust, you need to prepare or have prepared a grant deed, sometimes called a trust transfer deed. This is a document that changes ownership from you as an individual to you as trustee of your trust. This document gets recorded in the county recorder’s office where you live or where the property is located.

Quick Question Corner is a video segment where we answer common questions about estate planning and elder law. If you have similar questions, leave them in the comment section and we can feature them in one of our videos in the future.

Watch Videos about:

Search Videos:

750 F Street, Suite 2
Davis, CA 95616

333 University Ave, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95825

3017 Douglas Blvd, Ste 300
Roseville, CA 95616

288 Pearl Street
Monterey, CA 93940

San Antonio
18756 Stone Oak Pkwy, Ste 200
San Antonio, TX 78258

We operate on an appointment-only basis other than our Davis office.

Skip to content